Mehrsprachig aufwachsen

Forum Mehrsprachig aufwachsen

UK Families

Thema: UK Families

We have recently moved to the northern Black Forest, with Pforzheim, Calw, Karlsruhe being the nearest bigger towns. Just wondering if I can make contact with UK families. Our youngest daughter will be 7 soon, although emotionally young for her age. She will be starting at our local German primary, so I am keen to promote her speaking English outside the family and hopefully making friends with English speaking kids. Would be great to do regular meet ups, maybe form a group or something if there is not one around. Any lovely German ladies with UK neighbours or friends in the area, please let them know, so they can contact me. They might not think of looking at a German forum. Thanks for reading. X

von KarinC am 07.09.2018, 08:48

Antwort auf Beitrag von KarinC

Hi there, we lived near Sindelfingen as the International school was just round the corner. In our tiny town (Holzgerlingen), about half of the kids in the playground spoke English. So a good area to aim at :-) True, most families were actually Americans - but might be worth a shot nevertheless? I would just post a note on their blackboard, or ask the admin staff to put it online for you. I guess around Calw you might be less successful...

von Korya am 07.09.2018, 16:46